Sales - Business Development
Posted on: February 2, 2019
Cartegraph is in the business of building high-performance government.
Cities and Counties. Public Works and Parks. Water, Wastewater, and More.
Cartegraph has an opportunity for experienced, driven and passionate sales professionals!
Currently seeking candidates in the following regions:
Northeast, US (near major airport, requires travel)
YOUR JOB SUMMARY
As a Relationship Manager, (Business Development) you are an individual contributor and will take on a senior sales role where additional, higher levels of skills and knowledge are required around areas such as sales strategy, account management, segmentation management, business and financial acumen, etc.
Responsibilities include devising and implementing sales strategies, identifying and prospecting for new clients, building positive customer relationships and contributing to long-term customer satisfaction, forecasting sales for the assigned territory, and consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and territory objectives.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing solutions; including as needed, RFP/RFI creating and review; providing technical resources; integrating contract requirements aligned within the customer procurement processes and with Cartegraph business operations.
- Develops and maintains consistent and accurate pipeline.
- Analysis of pipeline conversion metrics over time period determined by management.
- Demonstrates Cartegraph software solution to prospective clients in person or via web.
- Anaylyze and adjust qualification strategies with team Sales Development Representative.
- Provide strategic input to recover distressed accounts and minimize revenue churn.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of determined solution with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating customer's needs and goals.
- Continuously updates and maintains Salesforce CRM database.
WHAT YOU BRING
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Three years of experience selling Enterprise-Level software applications to local government and other public sector leaders.
- Experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS).
- At least 2 years of successful previous experience working remotely from a corporate headquarters if not based at HQ.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Proven, excellent, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as web meeting technology.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Civil Engineering, GIS, Public Administration, or related degree
- Sales experience in the public works/municipal government marketplace
- Experience and understanding of government procurement process
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible.
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
- Collaborative work environment
- Unlimited online training through Udemy
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more...
Cartegraph provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cartegraph complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Cartegraph, Dubuque , Sales - Business Development, Sales , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!