Part Time Member Service Representative
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Posted on: February 9, 2024
GreenState Credit UnionPart Time Member Service
RepresentativeUS-IA-DubuqueJob ID: Type: Regular Part-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: RetailGreenState Credit UnionOverviewThe
primary duties/responsibilities of the Member Service
Representative (MSR) include quality, responsive, and professional
member service to all members and staff of GreenState in daily
transactions and inquiries. Provides information and/or answers to
questions regarding transactions and all Credit Union products and
services. This position is the front line to our members and the
face of the credit union. Service starts with this key role and
they are our service champions. Pay range for this hourly position
is $17.39 - $23.40/HR.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Promotes and implements the values of the branch. The qualified
candidate will be member focused, show excellence and accuracy in
all of their work, demonstrate integrity, share one vision through
team work, continually look for improvement, openly mentor others
and respect others.The MUST philosophy:--- Make eye contact;--- Use
their name or acknowledge their presence;--- Smile!--- Thank them
for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate
departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems,
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals,
transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash
advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale
of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all
of our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members in an effort
to achieve team goals.
- Provides assistance in training new employees.
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability.
Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy.
Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary,
provide member with the proper documentation.
- Operates drive-up equipment such as tubes, drawer, and
- Operates imaging equipment and balance outgoing image files on
a daily basis.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including: negotiable instrument logs,
vault cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, payroll deduction,
and member check orders.
- Participates in all day-end closing procedures. Secure and
balance cash drawer/key and all negotiable instruments, clean the
MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:a. Attend to phones
in MSR area and answer basic membership calls;b. Perform clerical
work such as filing;c. Maintain professional correspondence with
members;d. Maintain and update member information on the computer
system, such as address, phone number, and employment
- MSRs may also be responsible for the following duties, as
- Acts as a leader; assist other MSRs as a mentor and role
- Assists SRs with daily work including balancing and
reconciliation of offages.
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements,
balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that sufficient, but not
excessive, funds are on hand at all times.
- Ensures the completion of day-end procedures including securing
the vault, daily cash letter, and distribution of work to
appropriate Credit Union personnel and departments.
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is
accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine. Prepares
and tags coin bag deposits and post to the appropriate
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a
positive way during member contact.
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals to engage
in conversation, build rapport, establish and maintain member
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash, recording daily transactions,
and attention to detail.
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to produce
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience
- Must be bondable.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be available to work every Friday and Saturday. Additional
hours will vary by branch. Reporting RelationshipReports to the
Vice President / Branch Manager as assigned. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis position is not responsible for the
supervision of other employees. Equal Opportunity Employment
StatementGreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Dubuque , Part Time Member Service Representative, Sales , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!