Electrical Design Engineer
Company: John Deere
Posted on: September 25, 2018
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)--- Iowa (US-IA)--- Dubuque--
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Electrical Design Engineer--- 46198
As an Electrical Design Engineer for the John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will perform design, development, and verification planning for electrical systems and components for the Outside Americas Excavator team. In addition, you will:
- Require direct interaction with design tools such as Creo & PDM and development /analysis tools such as CHS & Simulink
- Work in a PDP Team Environment and will include members from Deere Dubuque, Deere Pune, various outside suppliers, and Deere TEDA
- Design hardware sub-systems of an excavator, and work with our test and supply management teams to implement their designs
- Support our commonality goals by meeting division and enterprise standards, and reaching out to other product lines to learn best practices
- Participate in competitor benchmarking, and vehicle specification development, as well as development and maintenance of product design guidelines for the product line
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Product design skills in the area of electrical and electronic systems
- 1 or more years minimum cumulative product design experience (internships and school projects are acceptable)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with Capital Harness and/or similar tools
- Electronics knowledge, particularly sensors and sensing systems
- International experience and knowledge of Asian cultures
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here--to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: John Deere, Dubuque , Electrical Design Engineer, Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!