Engineering Supervisor, Backhoe Powertrain & Electrical
Company: John Deere & Company
Posted on: May 18, 2023
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050,
there will be 2 billion more many moving into urban centers at an
unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and
infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all
about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and
our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds
are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one
person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work.
RIGHT NOW. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with disability. Primary Location: United States (US) -
Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Engineering Supervisor, Backhoe Powertrain & Electrical -
Your Responsibilities As an Engineering Supervisor for John Deere
Dubuque Works located in Dubuque, IA, you will lead the Powertrain
and Electrical engineering teams for the Backhoe Loader and Tractor
Loader product lines. As part of this role, you will:
- Lead engineering teams to develop solutions for machine
applications in alignment with product line strategies.
- Provide coaching and technical expertise to engineers,
designers, and others (e.g., contract workers, off-site drafting,
and design) daily.
- Develop, track, and meet capital and expense budgets for an
area of responsibility.
- Supervise the implementation of a major portion of a project(s)
to ensure product program goals are met.
- Assist in the resolution of complex technical issues.
Additionally, you will
- Perform administrative duties related to performance
management, salary pay plan, succession planning, resource
planning, training, and development of direct reports.
- Work collaboratively as a key member of the product line
engineering leadership team in the development and execution of our
- Interact regularly with Manufacturing Operations, Suppliers,
Accounting, Customer/Product Support, Quality and Marketing. VISA
Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position. What Skills You
- Multiple years of previous engineering experience performing
analysis, testing, design and/or manufacturing engineering work for
a defined portion of a project.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to break complex tasks
and interactions down into executable action items.
- Working knowledge of technology development processes,
including evidence of multiple program completions.
- Project leadership experience, such as a team leader or
integration lead on a product development program.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential.
- Experience working with suppliers in the application and design
of systems and components.
- Cross-functional design experience. What Makes You Stand Out
- Good understanding of Construction, Forestry or Agricultural
- Experience working with customers, dealers, and product
support/marketing reps in the resolution of performance and
- Systems Engineering education, training or demonstrated
- Creo, Windchill and SAP skills.
- Advanced degree (e.g., M aster's degree in an engineering or
technical discipline, or MBA). Education Ideally you will have a
degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical , Agricultural or Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent. What You'll Get At John Deere, you are
empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want
to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll
enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think
outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster
innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive
reward package to help you get started on your new career path,
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the
Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for
personal use Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards
Package. The information contained herein is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required
of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in
this job description are not considered the minimum requirements
necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. The terms
of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions
administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control.
Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or
terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the
right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company
and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made
by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent
authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere
& Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict
between the language of the official Plan Documents and this
document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice The John Deere Health
Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit
Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.
Keywords: John Deere & Company, Dubuque , Engineering Supervisor, Backhoe Powertrain & Electrical, Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...