CDL A Truck Driver - Home Daily - Dubuque, IA
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Description & Requirements
Shift your career into gear with Andersen!Home Daily - First
Shift!Overtime Eligible!Starting Rate $23.75!$2,500 Sign-On
Bonus!Paid Time Off: 13 daysPaid Holidays: 10 daysBenefits starting
within 30 days: Health/ Dental/ Vison & 401KLove the Life You See
through YOUR windshield! The average tenure of Andersen's drivers
is 9 years! With over 119 years in business, Andersen is the
largest Window & Door manufacturer in North America. How did we get
here? With a vision to design products and services that were
different and better, and working all together to DELIVER a promise
that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. No
matter your role, you'll have the opportunity to make a
difference!ABOUT THE POSITION:This home daily opportunity will be
based in Dubuque, Iowa. This is a hands-on, loading and unloading,
pick-up and delivery position. The driver will be responsible for
transporting and delivering our windows and doors and assisting in
loading and offloading at our 4 locations in Dubuque. This position
requires a wide range of skills from practicing safe driving and
delivery to top-notch customer service. Skip the gym and start your
- Safely assist in the loading and unloading of the product to
customer's location and/ or return products. (Driver will be
required to handle the windows and doors).
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of
windows and doors of varying weights
- Drive truck to destinations in accordance with Federal
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering
vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy
traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading dock areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal
regulations including driver logs, possible fuel purchases, mileage
records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local
regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Professional representation of the Andersen Corporation.
- Able to answer questions regarding packing lists, invoices,
packaging and material content. If unable to answer specific
questions, direct customer to appropriate contact at
Andersen.QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License and doubles
endorsement if twin trailers are pulled at location.
- Ability to operate manual transmission
- Have an acceptable accident and moving violation Motor Vehicle
- 2 years previous tractor-trailer (or straight truck, depending
on equipment) driving experience including winter driving
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical
calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read
maps, read road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via on-board
computer system and by phone.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours
of service, vehicle inspection and maintenance.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of
- Satisfactorily pass a drug test.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit and remain alert while driving for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to shift manual transmission and operate foot
- Ability to perform frequent squatting or crouching to handle
position and secure windows and doors.
- Able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab as many as 45 times a
day or more.
- Able to perform frequent pushing or pulling of windows and
doors weighing up to 100 pounds on a dolly or cart.
- Able to frequently carry windows and doors weighing up to 50
pounds of varying size and shape and occasionally carry windows and
doors weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Able to frequently reach for cargo above shoulder level, at
waist level and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the
controls to operate the truck.
- Able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations,
manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel
lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety
chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles,
fuel vehicles and check engine oil coolant levels.
CULTURE AND BENEFIS:------"Be Orange. Be You" is---how we
express---our belief that by embracing our differences
and---empowering---you,---we'll---be a stronger team able
to---accomplish---what otherwise---wouldn't---be possible.---This
Orange spirit---has helped us become the #1 innovative window and
door brand*---and the one---homeowners---love the most.** It's also
why we're committed to supporting you to---approach---each day
with---a bright outlook.-----Benefits include, and are not limited
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance--------
- Health Savings Account contributions--------
- Paid holidays plus PTO--------
- 401(k) plan & contributions--------
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
- Charity contributions-----
- Nationwide---career opportunities-----We look forward to seeing
how your---unique---skills, background and experiences will inspire
our team and help us continue to be---the leader we are
today.-----*---2020 Andersen brand surveys of U.S. contractors,
builders & architects-----**---2020 Andersen Brand Survey of U.S.
homeowners-----ANDERSEN CORPORATION SUMMARYWe're focused on
bringing more light into people's lives by helping them create
healthier, happier spaces to build memories and do what they love.
This applies to our team, too. By celebrating our differences and
embracing a positive-work life balance, we are recognized as a
Yellow Ribbon company, one of Forbes Magazine's 2021 "America's
Best Large Employers" and a "Best Employer for Diversity." As a
2021 Energy Star Partner of the Year, Andersen is also committed to
environmental health and sustainability. No Matter your role,
you'll have the opportunity to make a difference.In 2023, Andersen
has set a profit-sharing target of $4,000 per eligible employee,
prorated as appropriate.-- Profit sharing will be paid out in
quarterly installments to provide eligible employees with payments
throughout the year, with payment amounts tied to quarterly
operating profit performance.------Andersen is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age,
disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.--
Keywords: Andersen, Dubuque , CDL A Truck Driver - Home Daily - Dubuque, IA, Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...