Machine Op 2- 3rd Shift
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Name: Machine Op 2- 3rd Shift General information Location:
Dubuque, IA Date: 24-Jun-2022 Company: Andersen Corporation Ref #:
1669 Job Category: Manufacturing Dubuque IA Description &
Requirements There is something meaningfully different about
Andersen. A key to the company's enduring success is our sincere
and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for
employees, for the community and for the environment. At Andersen,
Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what's
possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and
diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven
to realize their full potential. Whether in product development,
our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the
relationships we build-with our customers, our communities and each
other-we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our
collective talents to make it happen. We hope you'll accept our
invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen. PRIMARY
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Troubleshoot and repair all mechanical
functions, mechanical drive units, industrial hydraulics and
pneumatic powers, plumbing architectures, AC and DC circuits,
electrical sensors and switches, motor controls and servo
controllers, safety circuits which include E-stops, light curtains,
floor mats, safety relays and safety switches.
* Use appropriate tools to replace components, make adjustments and
calibrate machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment to
operating condition quickly and efficiently.
* Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the
deployment of TPM objectives
* Understanding and performing preventive maintenance on all
machinery, getting these done in a timely fashion, and document
* Proficient at reading electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and
* Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and
complete work as needed. - Perform and understand plumbing, and
* Perform welding and painting tasks.
* Assure that all equipment is guarded.
* Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
* Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
* Participate in and sustain 5S activities. - Maintain inventory of
supplies and spare parts.
* Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement
* Assist with hazardous waste management.
* Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
* Good working knowledge of HVAC systems.
* Working knowledge of electrical test equipment to measure current
voltage and resistance. Understand Hipot and Meggar meters.
* Working knowledge and be able to repair pneumatic drills, screw
guns, routers and saw motors.
* Perform fabrication and installation of fixturing, guarding and
any machine parts needed; this includes some of the following:
design, layout, sheet metal work, welding, machine shop work,
carpentry and painting.
* Work with engineering to implement design changes of equipment,
jigs and fixturing for enhancement upgrades or replacements.
* Working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot all mechanical
functions, mechanical drives units, industrial hydraulics and
pneumatic powers, AC and DC circuits, electrical sensors and
switches, motor and controls and servo system controllers, safety
circuits, light curtains, safety relays and safety switches.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Work with engineering to implement
design changes of equipment, jigs, and fixturing for enhancement,
upgrades or replacements.
* Work with IT Department for production equipment that is being
* Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment,
and additions of equipment.
* Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and
other related areas of the plant.
* Additional duties as assigned. QUALIFICATION AND SKILL
REQUIREMENTS: * 2 year degree or equivalent and/or 5 years'
experience in a related field
* PC knowledge for upgrading troubleshooting and machine functions
via touch screen controls and machine operation software.
* Advanced maintenance skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing,
welding, machine piping, HVAC and dust collection.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and
* Ability to read and understand mechanical, fluid power, building,
electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
* Broad knowledge of PLC's and electrical principals.
* Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical,
mechanical and fluid power).
* Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment.
* Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper
use of PPE.
* Basic reading and math skills
* Possess excellent troubleshooting, reasoning, analytical problem
solving skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong communication skills, oral and written.
* Ability to be a licensed lift equipment operator
* Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization
* Be able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
* Physical ability to perform job duties
* Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
* Understanding of related safety policies and procedures WORK
PACE: * Work Pace Type: Task Defined - The work pace will be
determined differently depending on material being built.
* Overtime: Occasionally workers will be required to work overtime
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Our vision is to make the world a better
place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their
association with Andersen. We are committed to making a difference
through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding
success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on
doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work
so that you can bring your best self to work. As an innovative and
industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly.
From your health care to your work environment, to your development
and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a
total rewards package, including, but not limited to: *
* Health Savings Account contributions
* Paid holidays plus PTO
* 401(k) plan contributions
* Professional development and tuition reimbursement
* A culture that supports work-life balance
* An environment where collaboration is key
* Volunteer opportunities - on company time
* Environmentally conscious business decisions
* 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Dubuque , Machine Op 2- 3rd Shift, Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!