Managed IT Services Technician (3rd Shift)
Company: RSM US
Posted on: May 6, 2021
*CAN BE LOCATED IN Dubuque, Des Moines, OR Davenport*
The RSM Cloud & Managed Services Service Desk Technican role is to
ensure proper computer operation so that client's end-users can
accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing,
documenting and actively resolving client's end-user support
requests and escalating service tickets when considered appropriate
and necessary in order to maintain SLA expectations. Issue
resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and support request
- Initial level of client support responsible for basic
troubleshooting of client issues.
- Field incoming support requests via telephone, email, and
ticket portal to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution
of client end-user issues.
- Dispatch support requests to other Service Desk Technicans as
needed or other RSM field consultants as outlined in the client
- Adhere to documented processes and procedures in accordance
with RSM Cloud & Managed Services SOC audit controls.
- Document all pertinent client end-user identification
information, including client name, end-user name, contact
information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from client
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate problems,
when required, to the appropriately experienced RSM Cloud & Managed
Services Service Desk Technicans, Systems Engineer or Field
- Record, track and document the support request problem solving
process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made,
and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ
resources on the Internet / Intranet to aid in problem
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the RSM Cloud & Managed Services Team.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading software, installing hardware,
implementing file backups, and configuring systems and
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and
cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to support requests.
- Develop support request sheets and FAQ lists for client
end-users and other RSM Service Desk Tecnicans and Field
- Reinforce SLAs to manage client and end-user expectations.
- Alert RSM Cloud & Managed Services Management to emerging
trends in service requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
--- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related
preferred and/or combination of education and relevant
--- 0 - 3 years of experience in a technology end-user support
- MCSE or MCSA a plus
- Citrix experience a plus
- Financial Institution experience a plus
- Storage Area Network (SAN) experience a plus
- Virtualization (VMWare or HyperV) experience a plus
- Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016 experience a plus
- O365 experience a plus
- Windows desktop and server operating system experience a
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Prior consulting and project management experience a plus
- Excellent client skills and customer relationship management
skills, with proven ability to build relationships with key
- Solid understanding of business and information technology
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest. Overnight travel
is less than 5%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to
get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique
skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a
place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future
leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business
owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move
quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from
your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: RSM US, Dubuque , Managed IT Services Technician (3rd Shift), Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!