Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: April 5, 2021
This position oversees production lines and operations in the
bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant
Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution.
Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works
closely with all other departments in the bakery including
maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety,
Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and
ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to
create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work
environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and
Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving
products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste
while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking
dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed
and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are
adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production
relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in
the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other
programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other
3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting
processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.
Job RequirementsKey Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Achiever
- Change Agent
- People Oriented Leadership
- Learning and Adapting Best Practices
- Lives By and Promotes Values
Education and Work History:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College is
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably
in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including
the ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office
applications.KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends,
and holidays.*The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Bimbo Bakeries
USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides
equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees
regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment,
including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other
working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment
opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action
plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with
disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and
other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Dubuque , production Supervisor, Professions , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!