Member Service Executive
Company: Greenstate Credit Union
Posted on: June 9, 2019
University of Iowa Community Credit UnionMember Service
ExecutiveUS-IA-DubuqueJob ID: 2019-2075Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: RetailUniversity of Iowa Community Credit
UnionOverviewThe University of Iowa Community Credit Union, a
progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for a
Member Service Executive. This person will be a competitive,
independent, "doer" who can problem solve and get things done
through people. In this role, you will promote and provide credit
union products and services to new and existing members with
referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. This position
is responsible for opening and closing all types of share accounts
and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary collection of
overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans. The successful candidate
will be an assertive problem solver who loves a fast paced
environment, and who can motivate people to do their best. UICCU is
proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Pay range for this hourly position is $17.23 - $25.84 with a
progresive benefit package.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential
duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may
include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with
truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication,
giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the
UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or
acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in
an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member
- Make weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Educates members about their financial choices, by asking about
and understanding their needs, and responding by recommending
appropriate financial products and services. Provides consistent
follow through. Must also remain up-to-date on all marketing
promotions and other important information.
- Performs any and all routine MSR transactions, e.g., deposits,
withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money order etc. Must be
able to accurately balance a cash drawer on a daily basis, or when
needed. Must be familiar with all credit union policies and
procedures for cash handling, credit checks, wire transfers and
- Originates and structures credit applications for
- Performs any necessary collection work on any delinquent and/or
overdrawn accounts. From time to time, may be involved in
collection work on legal reserve accounts. Provides status reports
on delinquent and/or overdrawn accounts to the Leadership Team
and/or Credit Committee.
- Reviews loans and member files to develop and place additional
- Sells credit insurance and other loan protection products.
- Services and promotes all credit union products and
- Meets expected service levels for member wait time and
accuracy. Consistently demonstrates all expected service and sales
- Opens, maintains, and closes all retail loan and deposit
- Performs successful outbound sales calling to existing and
potential members and reviews loans and member files to develop and
place additional services. Answers incoming phone calls and assists
members with their requests.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet credit
- Works UICCU sponsored and other events on or off premise as
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored
events on an annual basis.Qualifications
- One year of similar or related experience, with an equivalent
financial background and proven ability to handle a wide variety of
functions quickly and accurately with minimum supervision.
- Sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the credit
union in a positive and professional manner during member
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals and engage
in a conversation to successfully win business and open
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand. Job may require
a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening
and/or weekend duties.
- Knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting criteria,
interest rates and how they are computed, and required
documentation for each type of loan and savings product.
- Thorough knowledge of deposit and retail loan laws and
- Exceptional member service skills including above average
listening and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and timeliness in handling member transactions,
inquiries, and requests and pays attention to detail.
- Must have excellent phone communication skills and demonstrated
history of appropriate etiquette.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposit and loan regulations.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of personal computer software
programs, including the Microsoft Office application suite and the
ability to operate related telephone and computer systems.
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and organize work
efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
relationships with co-workers.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E.
Keywords: Greenstate Credit Union, Dubuque , Member Service Executive, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!