Donor Services Associate
Company: University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Posted on: October 29, 2018
Position Summary: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Foundation, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Donor Services Associate. This is a full-time, 12-month basis position that offers excellent fringe benefits. Under the supervision and guidance of the University Relations Accounting Manager, The Donor Services Associate is responsible for assisting with Foundation accounts receivable and the stewardship and management activities involving all Foundation scholarships. This position assists with communications, preparation and presentation of Foundation scholarship reports, implementation of technology to support efficient Foundation scholarship processes, maintenance of all Foundation scholarships, and collaboration with campus stakeholders to assist in creating a forward-- thinking student services experience. Responsibilities:
- Assists the Foundation to maintain a robust menu of scholarship opportunities to provide donors with multiple options to support Foundation scholarships
- Assists the Foundation Development Officers, donors, and family members who have established Foundation scholarship funds.
- Assists Donor Services Coordinator with Foundation accounts receivable
- Assists Donor Services Coordinator in maintaining donor files and records in Raisers Edge, electronic storage, etc.
- Assists with new donor setup, fund setup, and other data entry duties in Raisers Edge
- Assures all paperwork relating to funds, donors, and agreements are timely and accurately scanned and attached as appropriate
- Completes write-offs, corrections, and amendments as directed in Raisers Edge
- Assists with accounts receivable invoicing within Financial Edge
- Under the supervision of the Donor Services Coordinator processes all incoming mail, pledge reminders, credit cards, alumni memberships, EFT's, payroll deductions, etc. in Raisers Edge
- Under the supervision of the Donor Services Coordinator, complete month-end duties as assigned, generate donor receipts, processes deposits and assist with reconciling What You'll Need to Succeed: Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years of accounts receivable/donor relations/accounting experience or any combination of related experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: the ability to actively listen, respond with empathy, and write various types of communication externally to donors, and internally to campus stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and current software applications including, but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent customer-service skills Why It's Great to be a Pioneer: Department Information: The UW-Platteville Foundation, Inc. exists exclusively for the benefit of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. Its specific role is to provide supplemental funds to aid UW-Platteville in fulfilling its mission successfully. The Foundation is involved in fund raising, fund management, and fund disbursement. Campus Information: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin. Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration applications must be received by October 29, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. How to Apply: Applications are required to be submitted electronically via the UW-Platteville Careers portal. Complete applications must include:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications;
- A current resume; and
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for three professional references. For questions regarding this position, please contact: Michelle Patzner, University Relations Accounting Manager, We Support Diversity and Inclusion: Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community. Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Keywords: University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Dubuque , Donor Services Associate, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!