Safety Officer, 2nd Shift
Company: Loras College
Posted on: March 11, 2023
- Dubuque, IA, USA
- To be discussed at interview
- Full Time
Full Time hourly benefits
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive,
rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and
staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs routine security duties in providing a safe environment
for the entire Loras Community and its visitors, as well as
maintaining the security of all College facilities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Patrols campus, making random checks of Residence halls,
parking lots, and all other campus buildings to ensure facilities
and grounds are secure, safe, and well monitored.
- Questions individuals who act suspiciously or who have no
identifiable purpose on campus and monitors the usage of facilities
by authorized persons only.
- Reports all duties, including break periods, for entry into the
security log and submits incident reports regarding involvement or
knowledge of a major campus incident or a case of student
misconduct in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Carries communication unit and flashlight while performing
- Watches for vandals, prowlers, fires, water leaks, or other
unusual occurrences which may lead to loss or damage to property or
- Issues traffic/parking citations to violators. Escorts
individuals upon request.
- Assists individuals on campus requiring security services in a
- Assists the police or fire departments in any serious on-campus
incident in a professional manner.
- Works special events as scheduled or performs "walk through"
patrol during regularly scheduled shifts for events not requiring a
special duty officer.
- Security functions are conducted in accordance with established
College policies, procedures, and related legal
- Immediately informs their supervisor and/or administration of
activities deemed serious or in the event of an emergency.
- Provides break relief for staff at the information desk which
requires excellent communication skills both by phone and in
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the
College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral and written - Ability to communicate
effectively with others using the spoken word and in
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the
feelings of others.
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and
of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal
proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a
task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree
Experience: Two to four years related experience.
Certificates & Licenses: Must become certified in CPR and AED. Must
possess a valid driver's license. Must be able to pass police
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to:
http://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload: your letter
of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a
background check before receiving a written employment
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Safety Officer, 2nd Shift, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...