Sr. Admission Representative/ Admission Representative
Company: Loras College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Dubuque, IA, USA
- To be discussed at interview
- Full Time
Full Time Salary benefits
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive,
rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and
staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruits high school and transfer students to the college, selling
the opportunities, benefits and advantages of a liberal arts
education at Loras College. Conducts admission activities that are
within College policies and in accordance with professional ethics
established by the National Association for College Admission
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fluency in Spanish
is highly preferred.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manages an assigned recruiting territory.
- Communicates with leadership team to develop and adapt
strategies to achieve goals (including but not limited to
monthly/semester/annual enrollment goals as well as weekly phone
- Collaborates with colleagues in Admission, Financial Planning,
Athletics, and other departments to maximize recruiting
- Reviews and decides completed application files. Be well-versed
in financial aid literacy to effectively communicate aid,
scholarship and merit information to prospective students.
- Plans travel schedule, visits high schools and represents the
College at college day/night programs, as well as other recruiting
events both on and off campus. Due to COVID-19 travel will be
limited during the 2021-2022 recruiting cycle.
- Communicates with prospective students and families to increase
awareness of Loras College and assist students with moving through
the funnel. Coordinates with alumni and friends of the college to
determine prospective student interest through recruitment
- Represent the College at high schools, churches, youth
organizations, and other organizations and events (in person and
- Collaborates with Loras Call Center to coordinate outreach with
prospective students and their families.
- Give presentations about the College in individual and group
settings (in person and virtually)
- Prepares written reports and coordinates office activities as
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the
College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to
facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic
and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make
sound long-term investment decisions.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a
task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in
almost any field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Previous customer service or recruiting experience
Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and
Microsoft Office Suite.
Communication Skills: Bilingual Spanish skills strongly
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of academic programs,
financial assistance and activities of Loras College or ability to
develop it. Ability to establish and maintain ongoing relationships
with high school guidance counselors and prospective students and
their families. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to adapt to the changing requirements and expectations due
to COVID-19 (For the upcoming recruiting cycle the anticipated
travel is minimal, but in the future the willingness to travel
frequently during certain portions of the year will be an
expectation. Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to:
https://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload: your
letter of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a
background check before receiving a written employment offer.
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Sr. Admission Representative/ Admission Representative, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!