Tax and Insurance Specialist II
Posted on: January 22, 2023
HTLF is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a
diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among
HTLF is a diversified financial services company headquartered in
Dubuque, Iowa. We deliver community banking at scale by powering
our geographically diverse group of banks with technology,
efficiency and strength - giving local decision-making the
opportunity and insights to focus on customers and growth.
Relationships have been the core of our company since its founding
in 1981. We're deeply invested in the communities we serve, and
that's why our clients choose us as their banking partners.
What's different about a career at HTLF? We believe our employees
and their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills are our
greatest assets. We wouldn't be HTLF without the people with whom
we surround ourselves and empower to enrich the lives of our
customers, employees and communities. We're dedicated to making
HTLF the best place to work - where your opinions are valued, your
feedback and ideas are heard, and your opportunities for personal
growth and professional development are endless.
The Tax & Insurance Specialist II is responsible for processing
taxes and insurance, working with tax services, answering customer
calls, processing hazard insurance, PMI, completing insurance
tracking and escrow set up.
1. Processing escrow disbursements
2. Review and validate Insurance policies.
3. Pull daily reports from operating systems.
4. Understand different loan types and research to ensure insurance
policies and taxes are up to date on a daily, weekly and monthly
5. Work with outside vendors to research on outstanding issues,
6. Research would include external databases, research on insurance
company that is trying to obtain information, or the county to
obtain tax information, or the customer that they made that
7. Complete necessary research on any outstanding items, check for
accuracy, completeness and compliance in accordance with
Heartland's guidelines and internal policies.
8. Interact with Loan Administration personnel to resolve
outstanding items and find solutions.
9. Assist in training new team members in the basics of loan
10. Answer customer and 3rd party vendor calls and complete
requests from internal/external customers.
11. Image/Scan/Index documents.
12. Train and be knowledge of different insurance and tax elements,
acting as a backup to the Tax & Insurance Specialist I.
13. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, bank
policies and procedures, and work in conjunction with Heartland's
servicing and operations staff, credit administration, compliance
and legal departments to ensure loans are serviced in an accurate
and timely manner.
14. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
2. 1-3 years of tax & insurance processing or relevant loan or
3. Knowledge of Bank Core Systems (Fiserv/Loans for example), and
4. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and
5. Eagerness to expand knowledge within the Tax and Insurance
6. Ability to problem solve and have extensive attention to detail;
responsible for meeting quality standards
7. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
8. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: HTLF, Dubuque , Tax and Insurance Specialist II, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!