Durable Medical Equipment Documentation Specialist III
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Reviews documentation and takes actions that result in the
submission of a clean claim. Acts as a liaison between employees,
providers, payers, customers, and other health care providers to
obtain necessary documentation and process orders for custom
mobility equipment and related equipment and supplies.
- Reviews documentation and sales orders prior to dropping to AR
for accuracy and creation of a clean claim.
- Obtains and interprets medical documentation, compares
documentation with insurance coverage criteria, and creates orders
to provide equipment, supplies, and other related
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility and benefits and
communicates financial responsibilities to patients, caregivers,
and other health care providers.
- Performs accurate and timely data entry into operating system
and processes orders for appropriate equipment and supplies to
ensure for timely delivery and correct billing.
- Communicates with patients, employees, caregivers, and other
health care providers on status of orders.
- Collects payments from patients for coinsurance, copays, and
- Obtains written orders and prior authorization for appropriate
- Ensures compliance with Medicare, Medicaid and Accreditation
- Assists with training of Specialist team.
- Assists with audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Dubuque , Durable Medical Equipment Documentation Specialist III, Other , Madison, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!