Patient Surgery Scheduler / Unit Secretary - Surgery
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Work hours will be 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday, for 80
hours per pay period, and as needed. You must be able to flex
forward to cover earlier shifts as needed for PTO coverage and be
willing to stay late on occasion if needed during very busy
- Works in fast paced clinical environment
- Schedule surgery cases and Pre-Admission Testing appointments
in EPIC according to scheduling guidelines
- Work closely with Charge Nurse, and Anesthesia to ensure
required resources into the schedule.
- Assure accurate and timely communication to the Surgical
Services team and Providers
- Coordinate patient transfer to and from the OR.
- Processes patient care information and maintains surgery
related records, i.e. patient charges, daily records, patient care
records, staff timekeeping and department files
- Communicates with physicians, office staff, surgical services
team members, patients and families using FOCUS values.
- Runs errands within and to other departments as necessary
- Assists the surgery team with light tasks within the Operating
Room and department
- Orders supplies
- High School diploma/GED required
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Must be able to efficiently use the telephone and other office
related equipment such as printer, fax machine, etc.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and spell medical
- Previous medical experience.
- Previous Epic EMR experience.
- Patient Care Tech
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Dubuque , Patient Surgery Scheduler / Unit Secretary - Surgery, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!