Consumer Credit Manager
Company: Bank of Blue Valley
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many
locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"
The Consumer Credit Manager is responsible for managing a team
of Underwriters tasked with supporting Sales Market Managers and
Sales Area Mangers, from Heartland member banks, with all new money
consumer loan requests including HELOC, Auto Finance, HE Loans,
Personal Loans, and Credit Cards, etc. The Consumer Credit Manager
maintains departmental procedures to ensure credit quality
guidelines and policies established by Heartland Financial are
maintained. In addition to all credit underwriting, the Consumer
Credit Manager leads the consumer post closer team and support all
post-closing activities across the member bank footprint.
- Manages the underwriting team as they analyze historical
personal and business financial information for personal and/or
private banking borrower's to identify and analyze risks and
repayment ability. Serves as the subject matter expert and is the
technical resource for the group.
- Ensures the team properly evaluates the adequacy of loan
structure and collateral position. Works with the team to
adjudicate credit decisions on loan requests submitted by the
member banks up to designated lending authority.
- Trains and develops underwriting team to include a summary
within the loan origination platform or in a credit presentation
(write-up) to include: credit risks; identification of loan policy
exceptions; proper mitigation of loan policy exceptions. Maintains
responsibility for sound credit decisions on all new money loan
- Establishes appropriate processes so the team can summarize
credit risk through providing a "Credit Comment" to be included in
credit requests requiring full write ups.
- Trains the team on how to review the retail loan file
documentation for accuracy and compliance with approval and legal
requirements as needed.
- Assesses appropriate level of approval required for each loan
request based on the requirements of combining loans for legal
lending limit considerations. Approves credit within established
- Develops working relationships with Private Banker, Universal
Bankers, Sales Area Managers, and Sales Market Managers throughout
Heartland's member banks to increase the effectiveness of the
Credit Center and improve turnaround time.
- Develops and maintains procedures for all credit underwriting
and consumer post close activities.
- Advises other Credit Center underwriters on more complex
applications that require a higher level of personal and business
knowledge or expertise.
- Manages a team of consumer post closers to support and
centralize the end-to-end credit process.
- Manages the workflow of the Credit Center and measures the
productivity of each team member and in turn the department.
Responsible for holding each team member accountable to their
individual contribution to the team goals.
- Oversees designated departmental projects, including working
with vendors and other professionals critical to the success of the
Credit Center. Supports new product development and product roll
out to enhance new business generation.
- Identifies any trends in the new money submittals that should
be addressed with management. Sudden spikes in business and the
source and types of these spikes should be identified and
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with department staff on individual professional
development and career development opportunities. Facilitates team
members in creating individual goals and development plans that
align with the department goals.
- Works with Heartland Financials' Talent Acquisition team to
identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to
fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff
regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews within
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management, Finance
- 10+ years related experience in consumer lending and direct
management of a credit department. Strong underwriting background
is essential required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of credit analysis, risk analysis and accounting
and finance principles
- Thorough knowledge of consumer lending, appropriate banking
laws and regulations, and bank policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work to
meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt within a changing
- 5 years of direct management of a team of credit professionals
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Bank of Blue Valley, Dubuque , Consumer Credit Manager, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!