Technician 1, IT Operations
Posted on: June 8, 2021
An IT Ops Technician 1 supports our business by ensuring
consistent and efficient resolution of technology issues, with a
focus on providing an excellent customer experience to Nordstrom
employees. The successful candidate will act independently under
general direction from team leadership by providing IT support for
operations of the Dubuque Distribution Center. The IT Ops level I
technician will possess technical knowledge to support Windows
desktops & laptops, printers, and related peripherals and
applications, as well as strong systematic troubleshooting
A day in the life
- Serves as an initial support contact for technical issues from
internal clients in the Distribution Center. Creates and is
- Triages tickets by determining which cases they can likely
resolve independently, which cases should be routed to Technicians
in other areas, and which should be escalated.
- Diagnoses standard issues with Distribution Center equipment
such as computers, printers, network and radio equipment and
packaging systems by investigating and/or trying to reproduce the
problem and referencing relevant documentation.
- Resolves and closes tickets within their area following
standard processes. Escalates more complex cases through
appropriate channels. Independently resolves many of the cases they
receive/are assigned without escalation.
- Assists with projects or enhancements as requested.
- Contributes in updating and maintaining team
You own this if you have
- Earned a two-year degree in a related computer field, are
currently pursuing a degree in related field, or possess equivalent
- Experience with various Windows operating systems and desktop
- High motivation and self-direction, and sound problem-solving
and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using and supporting MS Office applications
including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to explain
technical issues in layman's terms.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and
relay information to the client.
- Ability to function well in a fast-changing work environment
and the ability to manage. competing priorities when facing
multiple time sensitive issues concurrently.
We've got you covered
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected
in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits
to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities
and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click
the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Dubuque , Technician 1, IT Operations, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!