Business Risk Partner (REMOTE)
Company: First Bank and Trust
Posted on: June 8, 2021
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man,
Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that
he would start a bank that would become profitable through
relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be
the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr,
Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by
serving the needs of customers our way."
THIS IS A 100% REMOTE WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY.
The Business Risk Partner works closely with line leadership and
the Director of ERM to facilitate the effective management of risks
as a first line of defense. This includes identification and
assessment of risks, design and maintenance of controls, and
coordination of corrective action/responses by the business line to
unacceptable levels of risk for dedicated area(s). It includes
periodic reporting on the business unit's risks. The role provides
subject matter expertise for risk-related issues arising from the
area's sales, services, products, or operations while implementing
the global risk framework, and is actively involved in the business
unit's 3rd party risk and model risk management activities.
- Acquires and maintains a deep understanding of the objectives,
activities, risks, and controls for the area(s) supported.
- Identifies risks and performs risk assessments. Identifies and
maintains an inventory of all the major risks in the area, and
applies the standard ERM framework and risk taxonomy to them.
- Monitors the effectiveness of controls.
- Evaluates inherent risk (from both business impact and
likelihood perspectives), control effectiveness, and residual risk
- Identifies gaps and opportunities for enhancement of
- Maintains a current inventory of controls. Assures that they
are properly updated and approved by relevant governance processes
and the Board.
- Engages with senior management in the unit on the design of
policy, procedure and controls. Assists in their development or
enhancement, to include the authoring of documents in some
- Creates and reports on identified risks and effectiveness of
- Identifies metrics that can be used as Key Risk Indicators
(KRIs) and their limits and tolerances.
- Provides reports and guidance to management within the unit and
submits data to the ERM aggregation function.
- Coordinates within the unit on corrective action or response
management needed for risk management issues.
- Facilitates, coordinates and administers, to help ensure that
the unit stays on-task and on-time, and that the response provided
is acceptable for meeting the risk management needs.
- Develops recommendations for improving internal controls.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation of processes
- Oversees 3rd party risk management administration within the
- Gathers information and prepares 3rd party risk assessments and
- Ensures proper vendor risk ratings through the administration
of periodic vendor reviews, maintaining ticklers, preparing review
plans, and the timely and quality completion of review plans.
- Supports model risk management administration within the unit
- Gathers model documentation and/or other model related items at
the direction of the Model Risk Governance Manager.
- Assists with model identification at the direction of the Model
Risk Governance Manager.
- Addresses questions and provides training, as needed.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management, Finance, Risk
Management required or
- Equivalent combination of education and job experience
- 5-7 years experience in the line of business to be supported or
transferable experience within a bank required
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage duties independently, with limited
- Ability to communicate with, and provide training to, employees
at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: First Bank and Trust, Dubuque , Business Risk Partner (REMOTE), Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!