Part -Time Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Company: Loras College
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive,
rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and
staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develops and implements a sound and effective basketball
- Participates in the identification, evaluation and recruitment
of potential basketball student-athletes, requires extensive
- Prepares scouting reports and game plans.
- Analyzes opponents and Loras personnel on film.
- Directs and coordinates with assistant coaches, practice
schedules and meetings.
- Monitors the academic progress of assigned basketball
student-athletes in the program.
- Coordinates the physical development of each student-athlete
through appropriate condition, strength and practice sessions.
- Assists in the recruitment, employment and evaluation of
assistant basketball coaches.
- Remains accessible to the media, alumni, boosters and general
public to publicize and promote the basketball program.
- Advises and counsels student-athletes academically,
athletically and socially.
- May recommend the purchase of new basketball equipment,
supplies and uniforms.
- May represent the College at American Rivers Conference
- Assists in the coordination of travel arrangements for road
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the
College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accuracy Ability to perform work accurately and
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to
- Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details
of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce
- Honesty/Integrity Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a
goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Reliability Ability to be dependable and trustworthy.
- Research Skills Ability to design and conduct a systematic,
objective, and critical investigation.
- Team Building - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
- Working Under Pressure Ability to complete assigned tasks under
Education: Bachelor's degree from a four year college or
university in any field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Two years' experience, preferably at the collegiate
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of the principles and
practices of collegiate basketball. Knowledge of the rules and
regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association
Division III and the American Rivers Conference as they pertain to
collegiate basketball preferred. Coaching and playing experience at
the collegiate level preferred. Demonstrated success in coaching
basketball and recruiting quality student-athletes. Also must be
able to demonstrate knowledge of the techniques, fundamentals and
drills associated with basketball. Ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with superior, colleagues,
student-athletes and subordinates. Ability to analyze strengths and
weaknesses of the basketball program and develop problem-solving
solutions. Possess high energy level, strong work ethic, and a
positive attitude. Good organizational and communication skills.
Ability to represent the philosophy of Loras College to alumni,
members of the Loras community, the media and prospective students.
Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office
Suite and film editing.
To apply, please go to: https://loras.applicantpool.com/jobs/
to upload your cover letter and resume. The finalist will need to
pass a background check before receiving a written employment
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Part -Time Assistant Women's Basketball Coach, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!