Lead Systems Administrator (Remote)
Company: Bank of Blue Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many
locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"
Under minimal supervision, the Lead Business Systems
Administrator is responsible to implement and support application
systems across the enterprise. This includes designing, building,
and implementing and optimizing applications, software and systems
to ensure they meet expected service levels and to prioritize the
backlog of enhancements. This role will also troubleshoot
OPEN TO REMOTE
- Leverages technical knowledge to support the business line
leadership vision and plans in conjunction with Marketing,
Compliance, Technology, Risk management and related functions.
- Leads Troubleshooting (fields incoming incidents) enterprise
applications for internal customers to isolate and diagnose
- Performs hands-on fixes including configuring systems and
applications in accordance with third party vendor
- Works directly with Heartland Business Leaders to ensure
application availability and change requests are documented with
requirements, prioritized, tested, and completed in a timely
- Adheres to department standards for Change and Incident
Management. Records, tracks, and documents the problem-solving
process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made,
and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Guides the Communications of application problems, incidents,
and issues to key stakeholders, including management, end users,
business leaders, and third-party vendors.
- Works independently on more complex projects and
- Tests, fixes, and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure
problems have been adequately resolved.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends potential software
solutions and enhancements, including off-the-shelf and open source
components, to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Creates or assists others in writing end-user documentation,
instructions and procedures to be used for training to use new of
- Assists the Business Systems Product Managers with merger
conversions of applications.
- Works closely with vendors and internal team members to
implement new features as they become available or are requested by
the business lines.
- Provides support for the testing of new and existing enterprise
software application under development or consideration.
- Serves as contact person for audits and related examinations.
Monitors, implements and follows exam findings to completion.
- Conducts annual vendor and security reviews as directed by
- Trains junior Business Systems Administrators.
- Utilizes expertise to proactively identify areas for
operational efficiencies and design/articulate a means for process
- Leads HTLF Business Recovery plan and actively participates
with testing of plan.
- Participates in long term strategy planning to advance HTLF
- Works closely with business lines to find, review, and analyze
vendor capabilities from a technical perspective.
- Develops relationships with key vendors to stay abreast of
strategic direction for vendor products.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Computer Science preferred or
- related field; or equivalent experience required
- 7-10 years experience as a Systems Analyst, Developer, or
Applications Administrator required
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles,
methodologies and issue resolution techniques
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and techniques
- Understanding of API and SSO integrations
- Experience in testing processes, change management, and vendor
- Experience in data mapping, system conversions, systems
integration and software development
- Proven ability to work in fast paced environment and meet
- Strong customer service experience and advanced analytical and
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Bank of Blue Valley, Dubuque , Lead Systems Administrator (Remote), Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!