Physical Therapist-Outpatient Ped Rehab
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work hours will be days, for 40 hours per pay period, and as
needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed.
This position will be located in our new Pediatric Outpatient
The Physical Therapist provides assessment of patients to
determine the need for physical therapy services. Performs physical
therapy patient evaluations per provider referrals and maintains
communication with the referring provider. Designs physical therapy
plan of care to integrate patient/family goals, treatments,
outcomes, and provider care plan. Provides, educates, and
supervises physical therapy interventions per plan of care.
Identifies and addresses educational, psychosocial, cultural,
ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of the patient and family.
Responsible for the supervision of physical therapy support staff
in compliance with regulatory standards.
Physical Therapy Patient Evaluation, Treatment Interventions,
- Assesses patients for appropriate physical therapy evaluation
- Completes Physical Therapy evaluations and establishes plans of
care, taking into consideration age, cognitive level, socioeconomic
status, and support network.
- Determines appropriate interventions to improve patient
- Provides patient education regarding lifestyle improvements,
home exercise programs, body mechanics, safety, and infection
- Meets regulatory and payer requirements by documenting patient
evaluation, interventions and plans of care.
- Maintains ongoing communication with referring provider to
ensure consistent plan of care and treatment interventions across
Staff Supervision and Staff/Community Education
- Supervises and educates Physical Therapy Assistants and
Physical Therapy Techs according the State of Iowa Regulatory
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assists or supervises educational activities within the
organization as needed and appropriate.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the
essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
Post Graduate Degree
- Prior work experience as a Physical Therapist
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Current and valid license in the State of Iowa as Physical
- BLS within 3 months of hire
Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy Modalities
- Collaboration skills
- Good communication skills - written & verbal
- Customer/patient focused
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage priorities/deadlines
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Relationship management
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Epic knowledge
- Experience with specialized therapy equipment appropriate to
specialized care. (i.e. dry needling, Cost Reduction Technique
(CRT), Agility Testing, Graston Techniques)
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Dubuque , Physical Therapist-Outpatient Ped Rehab, Other , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!