Company: John Deere
Posted on: June 15, 2019
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will
be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an
unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and
infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all
about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and
our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the
world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest
challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better
place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)--- Iowa (US-IA)---
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Engineer--- 55874--
As a Software Engineer, for the John Deere Construction & Forestry
Division (Dubuque Works), you will focus on software architecture
and be engaged in hardware-software integration. In addition, you
- Define the architecture and design for re-usable software
components by working closely with divisional and enterprise
software development and re-use teams.
- Provide software architecture solutions and leadership for
individual C&F projects while optimizing the use of re-usable
- Contribute to defining software architecture design guidelines
and best practices.
- Be responsible for learning and improving the AUTOSAR software
development tool set to optimize the creation of working software
that will run on 32-bit MECA2 hardware.
- Be responsible for learning the intricacies of the AUTOSAR
software development tools and MECA2 hardware to ensure that the
AUTOSAR software will run correctly on the hardware.
- Be responsible for providing solutions and leadership for
C&F software projects by getting AUTOSAR based software working
on 32-bit MECA2 hardware while using Enterprise-selected AUTOSAR
- Contribute to best practices and written guidelines in the
proper use of the tools and processes for ECU integration.
VISA Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in the development of embedded
software including the delivery of software solutions from concept
- Experience in model-based software development (MBSD) or
software development in C, C++ or C#
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience in working with electronic hardware and
- Experience in compiling and setting up software to run on
- Experience in troubleshooting software or electronic hardware
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience developing software architecture
- Experience with LIN, CAN, J1939, or equivalent vehicle network
- Experience with model-based software development (MBSD) using
the Matlab/Simulink tool chain
- Experience developing software using AUTOSAR tools
- Experience with software development processes and related
roles and responsibilities
- Experience with software metrics
- Experience in the design, development, and/or testing of
electro-mechanical systems, particularly on off-road
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline - preferred
areas are Electrical, Computer, Software, or Systems
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take
you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to
explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the
advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and
achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages
to help you get started on your new career path. Click here--to
find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required
of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in
this job description are not considered the minimum requirements
necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status
as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with
Keywords: John Deere, Dubuque , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!