Float Nurse (RN/LPN) - Allergy & Multi-Specialty C
Company: Grand River Medical Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionFloat Nurse (RN or LPN)Position is for the
Allergy and Multi-Specialty Clinic locationGrand River Medical
Group is seeking an ambitious nurse (LPN, RN) to work as float
nurse in our Allergy and Multi-Specialty Clinic. This includes
using nursing judgement to help impact the patients plan of care
and working closely with our clinician/nurse team. You will be
expected to work independently in a fast-paced environment while
providing patient-centered, high-quality healthcare over the
phone.The ideal candidate would be detail oriented with a strong
clinical background in both adult primary care and subspecialty
care including Endocrinology, Pulmonology, and other various
subspecialties. You will be responsible for timely follow up and
exceptional patient service.This is a full-time position, 36-40
hours per week. This position is typically 4 days per week, with no
evening or weekend requirements. All nursing positions have the
ability to pick up shifts at other clinic locations as desired.
Grand River Medical Group's clinics are typically open from 7:30
a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare patients for clinician office visit: greet and escort
patient to exam room, obtain vitals, update medications and
allergies in the electronic medical record. Explain procedures
appropriate to visit.
- Triage phone calls and nurse visits for the assigned
department. Nurse visits include, but not limited to immunization
and therapeutic injections.
- Provide nursing care by using the nursing process and nursing
theory in assessing the patient's general condition in making a
- Assist clinician with examinations, diagnostic procedures, and
- Provide direct patient care as directed.
- Document accurately in all areas of the electronic medical
- Communicate to patient test results and return phone calls in a
- Complete prior authorizations as needed.
- Responsible to float through the organization and department
based on the need of the organization/department and skill set the
nurse has been signed off on to
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing for
Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Minimum two years of professional nursing experience required;
clinic experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed RN or LPN with an active license to practice
in the state of Iowa; BSN preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.We offer: A
competitive hourly wage plus a very attractive benefits package
including vacation, generous company provided benefits, and much
more.Grand River Medical Group is an independent physician owned
practice located in Dubuque, IA. We provide a wide range of
healthcare services from primary care to subspecialty care for
adults and children. We currently employ over 300 team members who
help support the practices and clinical operations of over 65
physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistant clinics,
our urgent care network, and four dialysis units located in Iowa
(Manchester and Dubuque) and Wisconsin (Platteville and Richland
Center).Grand River Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Grand River Medical Group, Dubuque , Float Nurse (RN/LPN) - Allergy & Multi-Specialty C, Healthcare , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!