Senior Portfolio Manager - Bank
Company: New Mexico Bank & Trust
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at
will Senior Portfolio Manager - Bank page is loaded Senior
Portfolio Manager - Bank Apply locations Dubuque, Iowa - 1301
Central Ave time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job
requisition id 22-0477 Dubuque Bank and Trust is an equal
opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion,
color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Dubuque Bank and Trust a growing dynamic organization with many
locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"---The Senior Portfolio Manager - Bank
underwrites Commercial and Ag credit exposures. This position
gathers, analyzes and interprets credit and financial information
for existing and prospective customers in order to assess credit
quality and minimize risk and potential loss. Additionally, this
role analyzes all types of credit requests, including complex
relationships with larger dollar exposure and higher risk. Finally,
the Senior Portfolio Manager assists the Commercial Banker in
managing client relationships.
- Underwrites the credit and develops the appropriate credit
structure in relationship to the credit risk.
- Analyzes historical and projected financial statements for
business, personal borrowers and guarantors.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and repayment ability.
- Evaluates the adequacy of loan structures and collateral
positions, and identifies risks related to borrower
- Summarizes findings in a credit presentation (write-up)
according to established guidelines to provide insights for
- Reviews commercial loan file documentation for accuracy and
compliance with approval requirements.
- Completes required participation allocations according to
- Leads underwriting discussions with Credit Officers and
- Provides underwriting, completed applications and servicing
requests for Government Guaranteed programs.
- Partners with Commercial Bankers by providing information on
the status of credit and obtains concurrence from the Commercial
Banker on significant changes to proposed terms and conditions of
- Holds weekly meeting with required individuals to ensure the
renewal is properly underwritten, and that the loan is renewed on
or before the maturity date.
- Obtains and reviews financial statements on a timely
- Understands, detects, and reports the early warning signs of
problem credits, and Minimizes the risk of credit loss to maintain
appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
- Obtains and reviews Compliance Certificates, Borrowing Base
Certificates, and associated receivable, payable, and inventory
reports on a timely basis.
- Monitors all covenants and follow ups immediately on any
covenants out of compliance.
- Obtains updated information on existing relationships by
obtaining industry or call information from sites such as First
Research and eMentor.
- Partners with the Commercial Banker in meeting with customers
and/or prospects to provide expert insights, and serving as the
relationship manager within the bank to assist customers.
- Prepares business case memos and participates in business case
discussions, subsequent meetings with bank management, industry
specialists, and other interested parties.
- Partners with the Commercial Banker to ensure all client
documentation and customer agreements, credit and non-credit alike,
are accurate, properly executed, and funds are withheld until all
documents are properly executed.
- Assists the Commercial Banker by scheduling, attending,
participating in the Lender Annual Review, and in some cases,
conducting loan closings.
- Prepares real estate property evaluations consistent with bank
policy and regulations.
- Conducts business in compliance with bank policies, procedures,
federal and state laws and regulations.
- Actively participates in community activities that promote the
bank and/or assist in business development when applicable.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Management Responsibilities
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Accounting, Business Administration/Management,
Finance, Or Related Field required
- 3-5 years related experience as a Credit Analyst, Portfolio
Manager or Commercial Loan Officer required
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of general
economic theory as it relates to the lending and business
- Demonstrated understanding of credit analysis, risk analysis,
and accounting and finance principles required
- Working knowledge of commercial and agricultural lending,
credit and appropriate banking laws and regulations required
- Strong credit underwriting skills with experience in credit
structuring and prudently accommodating customer credit needs
- Proven track record of demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
with an focus on finding ways to improve and promote quality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects
in a high-pressure work environment, with minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of bank policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Experience with ProfitMax, InfoAccess, SME, AS400/Fiserv and/or
other related computer programs preferred
- RMA - Credit Risk Certification - CRC - Risk Management
Association - RMA within 1-1/2 Yrs required
- Accountability - Thinking and acting ethically, honestly, and
with the highest work standards; taking responsibility for your
actions and fostering a work environment where accountability is
- Customer Experience/Focus - Going out of the way to anticipate
and meet customer needs; remaining knowledgeable and up to date on
all products and services of the bank and how to best the help the
- Functional Role Expertise - Knowledgeable and skilled in
functional specialty; demonstrating an ability to add
organizational value through unique expertise in a functional
- Results Oriented - Maintaining an appropriate focus on outcomes
and accomplishments motivated by achievement; identifying outcomes
as a critical success factor in the bank where there are countless
interactions with customers and internal partners.Scheduled Weekly
Hours:40Time Type:Full time About Us At Dubuque Bank & Trust we are
committed to attracting, retaining and empowering talented
professionals who aim to do great work and make a positive impact
in our communities. Our employees are what makes us so great! We
actively contribute to the vitality of the communities where we
live and work. Since 2016, our employees sit on over 60 local
boards and have volunteered over 26,000 hours. Additionally, we
have contributed more than $1 million in sponsorships and
donations. -We give back locally and play a meaningful role in
moving our community forward. We know how important is it to give
back and we do our part with excitement and pride! Our Leaders are
actively engaged with our employees. Our commitment to provide a
positive and professional work environment is supported by a
leadership team that is dedicated to help you grow and develop your
career. We work closely with our employees to strategize
individualized professional development plans, performance goals
and professional development opportunities. In addition to a
competitive benefits package that includes a health and retirement
plans; we also offer tuition reimbursement, student debt
assistance, pet insurance and much more! Dubuque Bank & Trust, is
focused on a strong and robust diverse environment in which all
team members feel valued. While building a team that lives our
mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer,
employee and community at a time. EOE/AA Employer ---
M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC --- Equal Housing LenderEmployment at
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will
Keywords: New Mexico Bank & Trust, Dubuque , Senior Portfolio Manager - Bank, Executive , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...