Relationship Manager - Preferred: Series 65 or QKA
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all
people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools
often reserved for the wealthy.We now turn to the next leg,
developing the technological tools that make our vision of
financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial
services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and
product development that is founded in user insights, rapid
testing, and a singular focus on driving end-user value.Since
charting new territory daily is part of everyone's job at Blucora,
we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage
each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you
agree that problem-solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a
good debate, deep-dive research, or a fun night out with
colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!Position
SummaryAvantax Planning Partners, a subsidiary of Blucora and
sister company to Avantax Wealth Management and TaxAct, is seeking
aRelationship Manager - Retirement Plan Servicesthat will be
responsible for providing retirement plans with superior customer
service. This individual will serve as the day-to-day contact for
retirement plan clients and participants and will independently
present at client and participant meetings which will require
travel. This individual must have a strong knowledge of the 401(k)
industry as a whole and will take on additional duties as assigned
such as assisting with takeover plans, reporting, and presentation
preparation.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the main contact for client and participant retirement
- Enhance client, CPA affiliate, and participant relationships as
a strategic partner within Avantax Retirement Plan Services.
- Identify ancillary opportunities for personal planning and risk
management in support of CPA affiliates and financial
- Perform proactive client communications to ensure they are
receiving excellent service.
- Annually review plan and fees to determine profitability and
- Present Executive Summaries at annual client meetings, based on
- Attend and present at employee education meetings, as
- Prepare materials for employee education meetings.
- Assist in RPS automation and technology initiatives.
- Maintain and develop processes and procedures.
- Complete ad hoc projects assigned by Management.
- Support team projects and drive service improvements for the
RPS book of business.
- Provide support/backup on the conversion of takeover plans to
the current recordkeeping system.
- Stay current with changing retirement plan rules and
regulations, and attend training seminars, user groups, and
workshops as deemed necessary.
- Work toward continuous quality improvement.
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and
procedures.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree in a related field is
- 2+ years of retirement industry experience required.
- Knowledge of IRS and DOL regulations relating to qualified
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
Database.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- FINRA Series 65 licensing is preferred.
- Qualified 401(k) Administration (QKA) is preferred.Physical
Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either
repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working
conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during
the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.Comprehensive
BenefitsWe offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid
vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and
401(k) with company match.#AvantaxAt Blucora, we believe our work
benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such,
Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is
committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can
expect a supportive, open, and inclusive atmosphere and a team that
values your contributions.Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries,
Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK
Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or
state law. Blucora considers information gathered in the hiring
process, including information on this application, confidential,
and only shares it on a need-to-know basis or as required by law.If
you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may
contact us at or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of
the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Keywords: Avantax, Dubuque , Relationship Manager - Preferred: Series 65 or QKA, Executive , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!