Portfolio Manager - Bank, Hybrid/ Remote
Company: Heartland Financial Usa, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
HTLF is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a
diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among
HTLF is a diversified financial services company headquartered in
Dubuque, Iowa. We deliver community banking at scale by powering
our geographically diverse group of banks with technology,
efficiency and strength - giving local decision-making the
opportunity and insights to focus on customers and growth.
Relationships have been the core of our company since its founding
in 1981. We're deeply invested in the communities we serve, and
that's why our clients choose us as their banking partners.
What's different about a career at HTLF? We believe our employees
and their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills are our
greatest assets. We wouldn't be HTLF without the people with whom
we surround ourselves and empower to enrich the lives of our
customers, employees and communities. We're dedicated to making
HTLF the best place to work - where your opinions are valued, your
feedback and ideas are heard, and your opportunities for personal
growth and professional development are endless.
The Portfolio Manager - Bank manages the loan portfolio containing
both C&I and CRE middle market credits and assesses credit
quality to minimize risk and potential loss. Additionally, this
role partners with Commercial Bankers and Commercial Banking
Assistants to gather information for proposed transactions for new
and existing clients and analyzes the credit data and financial
information to initiate the transaction to be underwritten. The
Portfolio Manager plays a crucial role in the loan process by
examining the financial data and credit history gathered to help
make decisions on lending and credit-worthiness.
* Works with general oversight to appropriately and timely gather
information and prepare portions of a Credit Summary
* Analyzes borrowing entity documentation to be able to prepare
organizational charts and properly translate the information into
systems and loan documentation.
* Prepares in-depth analysis of industry conditions, utilizing a
wide variety of sources.
* Gathers information, and prepares loan exposure and deposit
account data to be input into Credit Summary Authorization.
* Analyzes proposed loan terms and collateral positions and
prepares collateral analysis, proposed financial reporting, and
financial indicators including documenting the appropriate
information in the CSA.
* Prepares financial spreads in accordance with defined guidelines
and converts completed spreads into the appropriate format for CSA
* Runs risk rating analysis, providing the preliminary
determination of risk rating.
* Assists Commercial Banking Assistant in obtaining financial
reporting from clients.
* Obtains and reviews Compliance Certificates, Borrowing Base
Certificates, and associated receivable, payable, and inventory
reports on a timely basis.
* Calculates financial ratios and verifies calculations prepared by
Borrowers to assure compliance; escalates any covenants that are
out of compliance with the supervisor.
* Confirms Borrowing Base calculations and verifies compliance with
reporting requirements and requirements as defined in Loan
* Prepares Lender Annual Reviews, Problem Loan Reports, and Large
Borrower Reports; obtains Commercial Banker input and files report
with the Commercial Banking Assistant.
* Obtains financials and updates financial spreads with current
* In partnership with the Commercial Banker, maintains Risk
Templates and assures they are up to date.
* Tracks collateral for complex Borrowing Bases and assures values
are current and accurate.
* Prepares Credit Summary Authorizations for Additional Authority
Approval Requests, 90-day extensions, Immaterial Change in Terms
and certain renewals.
* Reviews commercial loan file documentation for accuracy and
compliance with approval requirements.
* Assists the Commercial Banker by scheduling, attending, and
participating in the Lender Annual Review.
* Conducts business in compliance with bank policies, procedures,
federal and state laws and regulations.
* Actively participates in community activities that promote the
bank and/or assist in business development, when applicable.
* Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* This job has no management responsibilities.
* Bachelors Accounting, Business Administration/Management,
Finance, Or Related Field preferred
* 1-3 years 1-3 years of credit experience preferred
* Strong analytical skills and an understanding of general economic
theory and accounting as it relates to the lending and business
* Demonstrated understanding of credit analysis, risk analysis, and
accounting and finance principles. required
* General knowledge of commercial and agricultural lending, credit
and appropriate banking laws and regulations. required
* Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and credit
* Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in
a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of
* Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios, and
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. required
* Experience with PROFITMAX, InfoAccess, CME, AS400/Fiserv or other
relevant computer programs. preferred preferred preferred
* Accountability - Thinking and acting ethically, honestly, and
with the highest work standards; taking responsibility for your
actions and fostering a work environment where accountability is
* Customer Experience/Focus - Going out of the way to anticipate
and meet customer needs; remaining knowledgeable and up to date on
all products and services of the bank and how to best the help the
* Functional Role Expertise - Knowledgeable and skilled in
functional specialty; demonstrating an ability to add
organizational value through unique expertise in a functional
* Results Oriented - Maintaining an appropriate focus on outcomes
and accomplishments motivated by achievement; identifying outcomes
as a critical success factor in the bank where there are countless
interactions with customers and internal partners.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Heartland Financial Usa, Inc., Dubuque , Portfolio Manager - Bank, Hybrid/ Remote, Executive , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!