Vice President for Marketing and Strategic Communication - Dubuque, IA
Company: Loras College
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Vice President for Marketing and Strategic Communication Loras
College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an
educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in
diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and staff.
Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds,
women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply. POSITION SUMMARY Develop and implement
effective, integrated marketing and communications plans that
advance Loras' strategic priorities and support goals for College
positioning, recruitment and fundraising. Serve as chief
communication strategist and leader of the College Marketing and
Strategic Communication team. Create a dynamic, effective and
proactive communication infrastructure that includes best practice,
analytics and mission-driven messaging. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- College Administration:
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Cabinet and work with
this team to advise the President on College-wide policies and
- Provide strategic leadership and counsel on College-wide
organizational and external communication and marketing.
- Serve as the official Loras spokesperson and/or provide
guidance to appropriate College faculty and administrators on
messaging and uniform delivery; support College leaders with
messaging and talking points on both proactive messaging and
responses to specific tactical situations.
- Guide government relations for the institution.
- Serve as a liaison between Loras and its neighbors and civic
- Serve on the Emergency Response Team and manage the College's
public response to emergency or crisis situations, including the
active management of the communication portion of the crisis
- Develop an annual integrated marketing and communication plan
that measurably advances Loras' strategic priorities and supports
goals for College positioning, recruitment and fundraising.
- Work with the President and Administrative Cabinet to ensure
marketing strategies are effective, including the development of
appropriate measurement systems.
- Counsel and partner with College vice presidents and managers
in creating effective marketing plans, including key messages and
creative execution of marketing initiatives.
- Develop a strategic internal communication plan and process,
focused on two-way communications channels with faculty, staff and
- Lead and serve on cross-functional teams for College
initiatives to represent and advocate for a communication
perspective to be factored into decision-making.
- Empower an ongoing, collaborative relationship between Sports
- Division Administration
- Serve as leader of the internal College Strategic Communication
and Marketing team in order to ensure team members are fully
engaged, aligned around the brand platform, and that appropriate
capabilities are built within the internal team.
- Use print, video and internet strategies to create measurable
multi-channel marketing communication solutions to achieve goals
for brand awareness, recruitment and fundraising.
- Support strategies that ensure proactive media relations, the
promotion of Loras initiatives, events and successes and frequent
updating of Loras website(s) content and analytics.
- Oversee the development and management of photography and video
- Manage the College's community sponsorships; College image
advertising and non-enrollment-related marketing promotional
- Manage division staff in accordance with the College policies
and applicable laws.
- Establish and maintain the division budget.
- Determine Marketing staff goals and professional development
- Play an active role in the campus community and attend official
College functions when appropriate.
- Brand Management:
- Oversee development, adoption, alignment and growth of the
Loras brand strategies, architecture and positioning to achieve
significant positive marketplace impact in areas of academic
reputation, student recruitment, fundraising and alumnae
- Maintain user-friendly resources and work with campus community
to ensure consistency of brand in all its applications.
- Liaison to campus book store. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and prioritize
short-and-long term plans and projects.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and retain a strong, creative
- Ability to develop systems and effective processes and
procedures to achieve objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Relationship-building skills, organizational savvy and ability
to relate to and collaborate with others.
- Results-oriented; maintaining a proactive sense of urgency and
persistence despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Exceptional oral, written and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of theory and best practice marketing and
communication, including analytics, email and text automation,
databases and web strategies in a highly technological and
- Commitment to excellence in his/her own work performance and in
that of others within the team; unwavering attention-to-detail when
evaluating work output of the team.
- Strong decision-making skills including systematically
gathering relevant information; considering a broad range of issues
or factors; understanding complex relationships among problems or
issues; seeking input from others; using logic in analysis; and
generating creative solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to make timely and sound judgments and decisions in
difficult and ambiguous circumstances; ability to maintain calmness
under pressure. Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing,
Communication, or related field is required. Master's degree
strongly preferred. Experience: A minimum of 7-10 years of
successful experience in communication and/or marketing in a
management capacity providing direction for others is required.
Experience in higher education and/or student recruitment
environment is highly preferred. SKILLS & ABILITIES Computer
Skills: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft
Office Suite. Familiarity with Web and print design and management
software. Other Requirements: --Requires excellent oral, written
and interpersonal skills including the ability to speak effectively
before groups; respond professionally and in a timely manner to
questions or requests; write reports, correspondence and marketing
materials. Must have the willingness and ability to work in a
highly collaborative, creative team atmosphere. Requires the
ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to
multi-task, prioritize and work with frequent interruptions. Must
have the ability to professionally respond to variations in
schedules and plans. Strong problem-solving and collaborative
skills including the ability to develop innovative approaches and
ideas and meet challenges with resourcefulness. Willingness and
ability to occasionally travel and work some evenings and weekends.
Ability to be "on-call" including events and weekends as needed to
support communications initiatives and media/crisis response. What
is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Vice President for Marketing and Strategic Communication - Dubuque, IA, Executive , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!