Financial Planning & Analysis Director
Company: Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
Posted on: March 22, 2020
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization
with many locations offering uniquely different banking and
financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a
performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of
excellence with high standards, and high values while providing
outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees.
Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"---
This role will provide strategic leadership and direction that
delivers strong management reporting, budgeting and forecasting
processes that support and promote a continuous improvement
measurement process and culture. Collaborates with senior leaders
to develop and execute key financial and strategic initiatives
across the Member Banks (Banks), Lines of Businesses (LOBs) and
Heartland Support Units. Works to drive and evolve the direction of
the Banks, LOBs and Support Units to integrate strategic and
financial planning for the Company. Will also serve as a valued
partner across the Member Banks and LOBs who lead projects in
support of Corporate objectives, LOB strategies or corporate
development activities and serve as an ambassador of Corporate
Finance throughout the organization. Will be part of a team working
to achieve Corporate Finance initiatives, help educate and
influence profitable business decisions within the Banks, LOBs and
Support Units. Critical success factors for you and your team will
be to establish a repeatable and efficient budgeting and
forecasting process that yields timely and reasonable earnings
projections and provides the foundation for robust metrics-based
performance reporting throughout the company.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for defining and developing the management
accounting and reporting rules, standards and processes for the
company that will be used to measure financial performance across
all reporting units within the company.
2. Provide leadership and direction for the budget, forecast and
annual planning processes that produces Bank, LOB and Support Unit
financial reporting that reconciles to the externally reported
financial statements. Create and maintain appropriate allocations
and identify key business areas to drive growth or cost saving
3. Work with Finance leaders to understand their reporting needs
and partner with technical and/or system support teams to develop
and enhance finance, HR and data warehouse systems reporting
capabilities to meet those needs, which includes the development or
enhancement of Bank, LOB, and/or departmental reporting,
driver-based planning system, FTP, capex module, workforce
planning, allocations, etc. High level of expectation around
accuracy of developed and presented results.
4. Ensure the validity of data contained within the financial
systems and ensure all hierarchies and calculations performed
within the system align with the Bank's financial methodologies and
reporting structure. Perform or delegate to appropriate team member
ad hoc analysis requests from Senior Management and/or the Board of
5. Lead quantitative and qualitative analytical work that unlocks
insights and drives sound decision making on key issues.
6. Perform profitability analysis and scenario testing as
7. Design reporting to facilitate and highlight daily/monthly
financial variances, identifies trends vs. single events in the
numbers. Coach and train finance team members in how to research
variances, review management reports for accuracy and create ways
to convey the most critical information in a succinct manner.
8. Support financial planning processes, including development of
short- and long-term plans and goals for the Company and LOBs.
9. Partner with Line Finance/LOB leaders in developing and tracking
top corporate initiatives dashboards.
10. Perform competitive research, benchmarking and analysis
11. Support the reporting and accounting team in the Close process,
helping to analyze variances to provide key insight to trends
12. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has direct supervisory
and administrative responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises up to 5 direct reports and 10 indirect.
2. Works with Heartland's Human Resource recruitment team to
identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to
fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff
regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a
5. Works with department staff on individual professional
development and career development opportunities.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and
submits all forms associated with the review process to the
department according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 10 or more years of financial reporting experience at a
publically traded financial institution with at least 3 years of
extensive responsibility for budgeting, forecasting and management
2. Bachelor's degree Business, Finance, or Accounting
3. Prior experience managing larger projects and process
4. Thorough understanding of the technical aspects of budgeting,
forecasting and management reporting systems and software
5. Possess in-depth knowledge of Bank and product hierarchies,
accounting standards, and management accounting concepts
6. Proven ability to take high level direction and produce results
which show thought leadership that will drive value and improve
processes with limited supervision
7. Must be able to perform well in a high-pressure, time sensitive
8. Comfortable and skilled in managing across multiple senior
executive lead stakeholder groups to achieve results and implement
9. Possess well developed written and verbal communication skills,
with demonstrated ability to design and produce effective
1. Having attained an MBA, CPA, CFA or other certification is
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Heartland Financial USA, Inc., Dubuque , Financial Planning & Analysis Director, Executive , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!