Engine Application Engineer
Company: John Deere
Posted on: November 25, 2018
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)--- Iowa (US-IA)--- Dubuque--
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engine Application Engineer--- 49515
As a Four Wheel Drive Loader (4WDL) Engine Application Engineer for John Deere Construction & Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will be responsible for PDP engine & engine auxiliary design and vehicle integration. In addition, you will:
- Develop Production Class Four Wheel Drive Loader engines, fuel systems, air systems, and other engine auxiliaries for new product development programs
- Develop engine and vehicle performance characteristics such as torque curves and work with John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) to develop calibrations that meet vehicle performance requirements
- Actively participate and lead teams, as needed, to support Product Delivery Process (PDP) activities
- Diagnose engine issues during new product development and support PV&V engine / cooling test activities
- Lead and support the Technology Delivery Process (TDP) and Integrated Systems Development Process (ISDP) projects for 4WDL products
- Contribute to product design guidelines, design books, and engineering analysis procedures for 4WDL's
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3+ years off-highway design experience in engines, engine auxiliary systems, or cooling systems
- Experience with PDMLink, SAP, and 3D modeling tools, including ProE or Creo
- Experience and ability to analyze technical data, consider multiple alternatives, and provide data driven decisions / recommendations
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously
What Makes You Stand Out
- Engine system design or Product Validation & Verification (PV&V) experience
- Cross-functional experience related to cooling system design, performance evaluation, software, and/or manufacturing teams
- Experience with CAN communication and / or engine diagnostic tools
- Experience with analytics software such as MatLab, Diadem, or nCode
- Experience with telematics data
- Master's degree in Engineering or MBA is desirable
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here--to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: John Deere, Dubuque , Engine Application Engineer, Engineering , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!