Head Women's Wrestling Coach
Company: Loras College
Posted on: January 22, 2023
- Dubuque, IA, USA
- To be discussed at interview
- Full Time
Full Time Salary benefits
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive,
rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and
staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs wrestling coaching duties and management activities,
including recruitment of student-athletes in a National Collegiate
Athletic Association--Division III intercollegiate wrestling
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and implement a sound and effective wrestling
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit potential wrestling
student-athletes. Prepare scouting reports and game plans.
- Analyzes opponents and Loras personnel on film.
- Directs and coordinates practice schedules and
- Monitors student-athletes in classroom and on the mat.
- Monitors the academic progress of assigned wrestling
student-athletes in the program.
- Coordinates the physical development of each student-athlete
through appropriate condition, strength, and practice
- Recruitment, employment, and evaluation of assistant wrestling
- Remains accessible to the media, alumni, boosters, and public
to publicize and promote the wrestling program.
- Advises and counsels student-athletes academically,
athletically, and socially.
- Responsible for the wrestling budget.
- Purchases new wrestling equipment, supplies and
- Represent the College at American Rivers Conference
- Coordinates travel arrangements for road trips.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the
College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to
facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and
feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of
personalities and individuals.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a
goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a
task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work
toward a goal.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: One to two years related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and
Microsoft Office Suite. Thorough knowledge of the principles and
practices of collegiate wrestling. Knowledge of the rules and
regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic
Association--Division III and the American Rivers Conference as
they pertain to collegiate wrestling. Demonstrated success in
coaching wrestling and recruiting quality student-athletes. Also,
must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the techniques,
fundamentals and drills associated with wrestling. Ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
superior, colleagues, student-athletes, and subordinates. Ability
to analyze strengths and weaknesses of the wrestling program and
develop problem-solving solutions. Possess high energy level,
strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. Good organizational and
communication skills. Ability to represent the philosophy of Loras
College to alumni, members of the Loras community, the media, and
APPLICATION PROCEDURE. Applicants must go to:
http://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload: your letter
of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a
background check before receiving a written employment offer.
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Head Women's Wrestling Coach, Education / Teaching , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!