Full Time Campus Center Receptionist 2nd Shift
Company: Loras College
Posted on: March 10, 2023
- Dubuque, IA, USA
- To be discussed at interview
- Full Time
Full Time hourly benefits
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to
creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive,
rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty and
staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs general receptionist, clerical and telephone answering
services at the main switchboard/information center in the Alumni
Campus Center (ACC).
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provides directions or information as requested by persons
visiting the information desk or dialing the main college telephone
- Takes appropriate action when notified of weather-related
alerts while monitoring the storm radio.
- Distributes incoming calls to appropriate college offices and
- Monitors College 911 telephone system.
- Contacts on-call Physical Plant staff concerning
maintenance-related problems, including alarms monitored from the
fire alarm board.
- Contacts telephone repair service when necessary.
- Accepts, signs and notifies faculty, staff and students of
- Contacts Health Center or other emergency personnel when
personal injuries are reported.
- Takes messages for individuals attending meetings being held in
- Greets visitors to Alumni Campus Center and provides direction
to various campus locations.
- Provides directory assistance to callers and visitors. Monitors
computerized access control system for other campus building and
alerts security officers when violations occur.
- Enters, maintains, and updates data for the access control
system, as well as the Security reporting system.
- Serves as communication link for Security, Health Center,
Student Life, and Physical Plant via a two-way radio
- Performs administrative and clerical tasks for Campus Safety
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the
College's Catholic tradition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the
feelings of others.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward
- Honesty/Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of
personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and
of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree
Experience: Minimum of two years of responsible clerical experience
involving public contact.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Certificates & Licenses: Must become certified in CPR and AED.
Other Requirements: Skilled in the use of a personal computer and
Microsoft Office Suite. Strong keyboarding abilities. Knowledge of
College information center equipment. Knowledge of College
personnel, activities and events. Excellent communication and
public relation skills. Well organized and good problem-solving
abilities. Attentive to detail. Willingn
Keywords: Loras College, Dubuque , Full Time Campus Center Receptionist 2nd Shift, Administration, Clerical , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...