Director Small Business Banking
Company: Rocky Mountain Bank
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at
will Rocky Mountain Bank is a growing dynamic organization with
many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial
solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance
driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with
high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth
and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes
"Great Things Happen!"---The Director Small Business Banking has
responsibilities for overall strategic, tactical, and P&L
management of the existing small business product line down to the
contribution margin level. The position will also lead the function
in deriving new product constructs, determining potential
partnerships to enable the delivery, developing the requirements
for technical builds, and overseeing the execution of each new
product launch. The Director Small Business Banking will provide
oversight and direction for member banks to effectively advise and
guide small business clients. This position will also provide the
oversight to ensure member banks have comprehensive financial
solutions for small business clients and is empowered to deliver
the full spectrum of business and personal financial solutions to
meet the clients' needs.
- P&L management of Small Business products and
- Develops ambitious, strategic, and annual operating plans for
all products offered to Small Business owners.
- Development & Ownership of product unit economics.
- Develops appropriate volume growth targets and alignment of
these targets across the enterprise with the various groups
accountable for achieving them.
- Works closely with Finance and Small Business Leadership to
establish contribution margin goals by loan product to align with
Opportunity Fund's sustainability and fundraising goals.
- Develops credit product features and non-credit products and
services that positively impact Small Businesses.
- Product and Pricing Strategy:
- Defines product strategy for small business products.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future product
initiatives, informed by market insights drawn from customer
portfolio analysis and research; competitive analysis; compliance
and risk management requirements; and other relevant sources.
- Ensures appropriate product/market fit of credit products.
- Develops, coordinates, and drives execution of effective
product enhancement roadmaps.
- Develops appropriate business cases for any new product
- Develops expertise about loan loss reserve programs and how
they can impact product feasibility.
- Stays abreast of market trends and landscape to ensure products
are on pace with customer and market needs.
- Develops products that support the evolution of Heartland's
- In conjunction with Credit/Risk, translates the overall product
pricing strategy into a loan pricing framework that considers the
interplay between origination fees, interest rate, term and payment
amount and loan size relative to credit risk.
- Works closely with Finance to ensure pricing matches with
capital strategy and execution.
- Marketing and Distribution:
- In close coordination with Sales and Marketing, supports
effective strategies and tactics to promote small business products
to the target market.
- Works closely with Sales to coordinate effective distribution
and "go to market" strategies and tactics across a variety of
- Identifies and evaluates potential partnerships where products
can deliver the desired impact and unit economics.
- End-to-end ownership of customer experience and success for
- Defines and coordinates execution of strategies to grow
- Customer impact - leverages teams to help define and ensure
implementation of impact KPI's to measure and enhance impact of
credit products on customer outcomes at a portfolio level.
- Defines and coordinates execution of strategies and tactics to
improve customer retention rates.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it
relates to the job function.
- Works with member bank staff on individual professional
development and career development opportunities.
- Facilitates team members in creating individual goals and
development plans that align with the department goals.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to staff regarding
expectations and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Management Responsibilities
- This job has no management responsibilities
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management required or
- Masters preferred
- 10+ years experience in Small Business Banking required
- 5-7 years managerial experience required
- Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax
- Sound credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests
- Excellent understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service,
Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and
ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills for interacting effectively with
a diverse clientele and the small business communityScheduled
Weekly Hours:40Time Type:Full time Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time
20-0968 About Us We're proud to call Montana home. Our unmatched
dedication to community banking and customer service helped make us
one of the nation's top 100 banking organizations again this year.
We understand the importance of having a strong community and our
role in contributing to the communities we serve. We know how
important is it to give back and we do our part with pride! It's
about rolling up our sleeves doing whatever it takes for our
cherished community; whether building houses, serving food,
assisting local schools, volunteering time to serve on local boards
or writing a check when manual labor isn't enough. We're committed
to the Montana communities because we're a part of them ourselves.
We share the roads, bump into each other at the supermarket and
send our kids to the same schools. We love our neighbors and our
track record shows it! As part of giving back to the community,
each employee is provided volunteer hours at an non-profit
organization of their choice. Whether you are a personal banker,
operations expert, marketing guru, wealth advisor or possess other
skills, you will find a career you'll be proud of at Rocky Mountain
Bank. Recognizing and rewarding hard work, developing talent and
fostering employees for the next stages of their career is what you
can expect as a member of our team. We know that we are only as
strong as our team members, and we want individuals who want to
make a significant difference. We have the benefit of being a
community bank, while being a part of a growing organization that
supports and enhances our potential. We are committed to being an
employer of choice by providing a positive and professional work
environment that genuinely cares about our team members. Member
FDIC --- Equal Housing Lender Employment at Heartland Financial
USA, Inc. is employment at will
Keywords: Rocky Mountain Bank, Dubuque , Director Small Business Banking, Accounting, Auditing , Dubuque, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!